Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another day of waiting

The middle-aged man sits on the edge of my desk, kicking his feet over the edge.

"Sorry, Gamnock. I meant to work on your post today, but instead, I had the inclination to spend three hours banging my head on my desk while trying to compose a query letter. Again. How a couple short paragraphs can manage to consume countless hours on many occasions, I'll never know." I shake my head and join him on the desktop -thankfully its a sturdy desk. "It's like query letters are blackholes of time and writing ability."

I can't help but notice Gamnock sending 'I'm watching you' looks to Xander who is sitting below on a stack of scribbled on paper. I also can't help but notice the distinct foot of distance between him and Ms. Wildstar beside him. Both are talking to the hands in their laps rather than looking at each other.

Ms. Wildstar also seems to be out of her armored suit and back into her frumpy teen clothing which does a much better job of hiding her lithe form.

It occurs to me, with a shudder, that I don't what to know what they were doing when Gamnock saw them under my desk or how Ms. Wildstar came to be minus the armored suit, nor where or when she changed back into her regular clothing. What I am happy to see, is that she has someone to talk to other than Zsmed, who only wanted to flirt or worse, or Delilah, who only wanted to talk about flirting or worse.

There's just something about Ms. Wildstar that makes me get all motherly and want to protect the girl. Maybe its just that I don't want to see her turn out all emotionally screwed up like Ms. MC.

"Whatever you said to them, thank you."

Gamnock nods. "Do I get my post soon?"

"Assuming I'm not spending my writing time working on query letter version fifty-six, I'll see what I can do."

1 comment:

  1. "How a couple short paragraphs can manage to consume countless hours on many occasions, I'll never know."
    Truer words have never been spaked. :D

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.