Thursday, September 11, 2014

Things Are Falling Into Place

Not house building things, but writing things. Weird how that works. It's one of those things you have to stop thinking about and then the answers just pop up.

Not thinking about not thinking about it is the hard part.

I feel I should break into a verse of Let It Go here. Don't worry, I won't. There's enough of that going on.

A new ending to Kick The Cat flowed from my fingers this morning. That's 800 new words. I haven't written new words in a very long time.

I figured out what I'm doing for the A to Z Challenge next April. Planning ahead is odd for me. Well, planning that far ahead, I mean. But it's the perfect lead in to A Story A Day In May. I'm going to do opening paragraph of short stories from prompts provided in the comments, then finish the stories in May. At least, that's what the voices in my head tell me I'm going to do.

Then, just as I was panicking over far too many things, one of which included, what the hell am I going to write for NaNo this year while in the middle of house stuff / packing / moving???? The story came to me. Plop, here you go. Now shut up and go panic about something else.

Can't argue with that. It may be a short, or a novella or the rough draft of a novel, depending on how much time I have. I've done the 50K thing for 7 years. The thought of sitting out for number 8 irks me, but we'll see what necessity demands.

It's sci-fi, concerns twins, one of which will grow up to be a killer, two parents who just want to do the right thing and the medical staff who doesn't want to see the kids born.

1 comment:

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.