Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A to Z Sahmara

Welcome to the 2014  A to Z Challenge. My theme for this year is why I shouldn't be participating. Thank you to David for writing the post that got the voices in my head working against me.

Sahmara's novel is the one I'm currently working on. I did a post about her last year as well. It's funny that last year I was all proud of having the title set, but now that rewrites and edits have attacked, the title no longer works and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive. That's how it works for me. They arrive. I don't brain storm, though that sounds like a good plan. I like the idea of listing words that relate to the novel and playing with them until something meshes, but I've not yet had to get to that. Usually while I'm writing the synopsis or editing one of the later chapters - or end of the story in the case of a short - the title just pops into my head. Sometimes imaginary angels do a little number, other times its a facepalm wondering why the words didn't hit me sooner.

How does finding a title work for you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm REALLY bad at titles. For a while there, I just did long titles: I called them "Short Stories With Long Titles," and each was about a couple of sentences long. Now I've been doing one word titles. I can't find a happy medium. I'm bad at them. Did I say that?

    Probably my favorite title is the one on my alphabet story. I like that one a lot, but it's just the alphabet, minus X.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.