Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A to Z Twenty

Welcome to the 2014  A to Z Challenge. My theme for this year is why I shouldn't be participating. Thank you to David for writing the post that got the voices in my head working against me.

Twenty Master Plots and How to Build Them is the book I've been trying to read all March, and now into April. Not that it's hard to get through, I just haven't had much time to sit down and actually digest it. What I've gotten through so far is set out quite comprehensively with lots of examples from tv, movies and books that make the text easy to relate to. With each major plot type clearly explained along with beginning, middle and end goals to make them successful, it's really helped clarify where I'd like to go with a few of the novels and stories I currently have on my back burner. It's a really big burner.

Now I want to get through Sahmara's story so I can get back to Not Another Bard's Tale so I can play with my silly fantasy quest. Must. Control. The voices. Wait your turn! Then again, I really want to get through the book too. So many things do to, so little time.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of that book, but I have not been persuaded that it's worth the read. Not yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I finally finish it, I'll do another post on whether it's fully worth the reading time or not. At this point, I think it would be really helpful for writers who start a story but need help getting from point A to point B so their plot stays on track and has a satisfying ending.

      Delete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.