Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A to Z Nose

Welcome to the 2014  A to Z Challenge. My theme for this year is why I shouldn't be participating. Thank you to David for writing the post that got the voices in my head working against me.

Nose is dripping. Allergy season is just beginning. I seem to be allergic to spring summer and fall. Which sucks because I'm not a fan of winter...other than its the one season that I can breath freely.

I love to work outside in my yard, the flowers, the garden, playing with the dog. However, that means I have puffy eyes and a constantly running nose and a stuffy head. Somedays, when the pollen is really high, I can hardly breathe at all and I have to rely on my inhaler. Those days are so much fun. And yes, I take allergy medication. The nice ads on tv with all the allergy suffers gleefully playing in their yards after taking their one pill a day each day of their allergy season lie. That stuff does nothing for me. Unfortunately the stuff that does work, knocks me out for about an hour after taking it, but after a nice nap, I can breathe for eight hours without a box of tissues nearby.

Time to stock up on the allergy meds!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's rough. I look so forward to spring and summer. If I were to get allergies I'd never make it. You have my sympathy. But I'm glad you struggled through it to write this.

    On those commercials: I see them and they always have it kind of blurry before they peel away the fog and it becomes "clear" and I always think "OH, I wish I'd been paying more attention because now I don't remember if it was REALLY foggy or not, and I vow to pay better attention next time, but then I don't. It's the bane of my existence.

    (Well, one of them.)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.