Friday, November 25, 2011

Victims of the Knife: The NaNo Interviews 25

Captain Chuck creeps over to my laptop, glancing over his shoulder with each third step.

“No one is watching you, by the way.”

“I feel like I should sneak though, being a spy and all.”

“Well quit it. You look silly.”

“Okay, fine.” He stands up straight and dusts off his uniform.

“Is that hair on your uniform?”

“Yes, and it’s not mine.” He winks.

“I appreciated your message the other day. I’m assuming this hair is related?”

“Yes.” He winks again.

“Is this going to require me getting out of my chair and traversing the paper wads?”

“I’d recommend it.”

“What are you, a freakin magic 8 ball?”

“Not sure. Ask again later.”

I roll my eyes and shake my head. “I take it you have a question?”

“I do. Since this story has changed so much from the one I was cut from so long ago, I’d like to get to know the characters I’ll be interacting with when you write me back in. What are their names and how did you choose them?”

“Write you back in? Oh yes, I did mention that didn’t I. Hmm. Well, I suppose you should know them then. Ms. MC is Anastassia. Her last name is still subject to change so we’ll leave that out for now. I picked her name because I’ve always had a curiosity with the Russian princess of the same name. Not that this Anastassia is a princess in any way, but the name caught my attention.

“Mr. MC is Vayen. His name came from a variation of Vayne, a character in C.J. Cherryh’s Gate of Iverl. I loved the name and his devotion to the FMC. That, in part, shaped Vayen as he came into his own when I switched the entire story to his POV years ago.

“Well then, now I know who they are. I don’t suppose you’ll tell me anything more about them?”

“You’ll just have to wait and see, Chuck.”

He wrings his hands. “Umm, exactly how long will I have to wait?”

Darn it, now I have find somewhere to put him in. I was hoping he’d forget. “Until I get to the point where I plan on putting you in. I’m not there yet.”

“Thanks then. I’ll be waiting over there.” He goes to the stack of CDs and sits down.

Well that's annoying. I guess I should get to writing so I can get rid of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.