Friday, November 14, 2014

Guilty Pleasures and Snow

While I'm up to (way past really, but I'll dial back for the sake of staying in the cliché)my eyeballs in house building, and snow...holy crap, what is up with the snow already? It's barely November. Winter just finally ended what, like three weeks ago? I swear it seems that way.

Excuse me as I rub some feeling back into my numb feet that are incased in thick wool socks.

Anyway, *glares out the window at the falling white evil* as I was saying, while I'm busy with house and NaNo, which is going so sadly this year, but yes, that was expected. I still don't like knowing I'm not going to get to 50K, but it is what it is - my time for the effort this year, that is. I abandoned by intended story, not because it was bad, but because my focus wasn't there. Amazing, I know. Having gotten this far through this post already, you see what I mean. I'm now plugging away at a short story related to my novel, Trust. It's coming along...

The snow is plummeting down! Seriously. We're now at four inches in the past three hours. Not cool, nature. Not cool at all. Well, ok, ha ha, smarty pants nature, it is cool. Really freaking cool. Let me rephrase that, not nice. But when were you ever known for being nice?

Before I go wander off in search of a warm corner curl up in while I methodically smash my head against the wall, I will finally get to my point. Today's Author's Answer feature is Guilty Pleasure. And no, don't feel too guilty, my mind also leapt to several other topics before the one that this post actually pertains to: Is there an author who is often criticized that you love to read? Click, read and enjoy (and stay warm).

6 comments:

  1. oh wow that's premature - where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Michigan close to the the Lake Michigan shore so crazy weather is not too unusual, but this is just being spiteful. I'm all for a light dusting if we have to have snow in November, but snowplowing should not be required. Or snow brushes and all the winter gear.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the snow. And Nano, but I guess the point is to write, and you're doing that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, and writing more than I have in a while, so yes, is a victory, just a smaller one that I'm accustomed to for November. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're building a house in the snow, does that mean you're building an igloo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like it some days, I tell you. Looks like were in for another six inches today. Blarg!

      Delete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.