Friday, November 21, 2014

Character Beliefs

This week on Authors Answer: How difficult do you find it to write characters who have vastly different beliefs than you?

This week in NanoWriMo: I managed to make 10K thanks to a big write-in day on Sunday and then went for 15K and now I'm aiming for 20K. We'll see how much higher I can go. This is really frustrating for me because if I had the time I'd have 50K by now easily. My story is practically writing itself when I have the free moments to give it thought. If only I had the time to write it. Damn you, house!

2 comments:

  1. About the same difficult as writing characters that believe just as I do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the same as Andrew thinks, I guess -- which is, about the same. But my characters have no inner life and are all just thinly-veiled political allegories designed to teach people how foolish it was to go off the gold standard. That's right. I'm William Jennings Bryan's ghost reincarnated as a writer.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.