Monday, January 24, 2011

Relaxing

Yes, yes, I'm writing and all that, but I'm also trying to relax more this year. You know, keeping that crazy superwoman six feet underground. So far, I've been fairly sucessful.

I've found joy in critiquing again. After a thousand some crits in three years, I was getting a smidge burnt out. I stepped back last October and took a few months off. That felt darn good. Now, I'm getting back into sharing the writing wealth, reading some great stories, flogging people with rubber ducks (its a long story) and meeting writers I've not worked with before. So far, I've avoided overcommiting myself in that regard. So far.

Writing has been slow, but I've just about go my second short ready to spring into submissionland. Which is good, since that one has a January 30th cut off. Novel work is on hold at the moment during operation re-freakin-lax.

So what the heck have I been doing? Watching tv. I don't do that very often, but my evil husband signed us up for Netflix. Evil Netflix has full seasons of my favorite, long-lost tv shows. Call it reenergizing the creative juices.

My mornings are filled with episodes of Stargate Atlantis. Evening brings an episodes of Earth 2 shared with my children, which is perfect for introducing kids to Sci-fi--very famly friendly compared to much of what is out there currently. Next up in the queue: FarScape.

What a better thing to share with my kids, than my love of sci-fi tv? I have to bring them over to the geek side before they get too exicited by friends and teen stuff. I don't have much time left.

What are your favorite sci-fi shows?

2 comments:

  1. I fell in love with Star Trek, Next Generation in college. Still watch re-runs pretty often.

    I'm relaxing this week too. We've all been sick and I've worked my butt off to get "A Ranger's Tale" all dressed up for her debut this weekend. :)

    Critting has slowed for me too, but I've stuck with a few critter friends, and been able to follow their novels to completion, instead of feverishly critting everything I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught a few reruns of TNG lately. That was a fun show too. It's one of the few sci-fi shows my husband will watch with me.

    Good luck with your story debut!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.