Friday, December 30, 2011

Year end writing goal met!

I'm happy to say that as of this evening, I've wrapped up this year's NaNo novel, the sequel to Trust. The rough draft came in at 95,000 words and its actually complete from beginning to end. I'm so bad about leaving gaps to fill in later, but this time, no sir, its really, really done. And I like it. I'd toss out that I love it, but it's a rough draft so that would be a little extreme. Let's just say I'm pleased.

I'm also pleased to announce that I found a role for Chuck. I know, he said he was happy here in my last post. I had great plans for him, mentoring him in how to actually be evil and all, but something came up and he was perfect. And no, I didn't kill him. He did get punched in the face, but the medic assures me he'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

This means I can start polishing a few of the shorts floating around on my hard drive and get Trust back into Query land in the coming months. Hooray for starting the New Year without a half finished editing or novel project looming over me!

Hey, there's a first time for everything.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jean! A complete first draft in just two months? I can't even imagine that kind of productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels great to know I really can do that. My previous nano novels with the gapping holes throughtout even years later are quite jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I hope you bring the novel to CC so that us critters can get a crack at it. ;) I wonder, would you ever consider self-publishing Trust if things didn't work out in queryland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Evelyn! The sequel might get there eventually. I'm just finishing up the first round of edits. Mostly, this one's for me unless the first book gets off the ground. :)

    I haven't goten into the self-publishing debate on this one yet. If things don't work out as I'd like them too, it's certainly an option.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.