Tuesday, June 4, 2024

IWSG June?

How is it June already? Time flies when your schedule is full. And then you get a cold. Twice. And drop all the balls and then scramble to pick them all up. I don't have time to be sick! Get thee away from me germs!

I bought my spirit t-shirt.

How is progress on Laya's Vacation going that I planned to release at the end of June? Slowly. (see above). We're now looking at August or September. Not ideal (given my event schedule) but it is what it is.

Laya doodles

Writing in general? Out the window. I am getting some reading done after hours at events though, so yay?

Yes, September is a long way off, but I'm looking forward to quieter times. Does this mean I'll slow my event roll next year? Mmmm probably not. But I will attempt to better organize and protect my writing months (Sept-Feb) so I don't have to stress about fall releases. 

Sales have been good at events since April. Which is wonderful because Jan-March sales were pretty dismal. Now we're in tight inventory management times with 3-5 events per month. No stress at all. Everything is fine. *grimace*

The weather has been playing relatively nice, though this next ren faire looks like a rainy weekend. Ah, the perils of outdoor events. 

Meet Ziggy, my newest chicken buddy.

Other distractions have included: 

Building a large raised garden bed with 70lb+ blocks because my wooden ones rotted after 7 years. This giant bed is going NOWHERE:

Progress!

Sewing a ren faire outfit for my daughter:

Tunics for everyone!

Weeding flowerbeds (a losing battle that maybe I'll catch up on this fall) No pic needed here. Imagine a hill full of weeds and small unwanted trees with flowers poking up through them. Yep. You got it.


If you're not familiar with 
and find links to all the other 
participating writers.
And now let's get to this month's Insecure Writer's Support Group question: In this constantly evolving industry, what kind of offering/service do you think the IWSG should consider offering to members?

Clones. As long as my clone and I don't get sick at the same time, we could be so much more productive. One could stay home and work on the flower garden and sew and paint and write and the other could go off on road trips to events and work on Amazon ads. One of us could sleep now and then. That would be super cool. We might even make notable progress on my towering TBR stacks. Maybe. Hmm. But that might also mean two of us lose in the bookstore. Nope. Only one clone is allowed to buy books. We must have rules!

Ok, I should probably have a serious answer here but my brain to too scrambled to offer constructive suggestions.




7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you were sick twice with a cold. But it seems like you pretty much plod on with so many projects and monthly events to promote your books. I'm always amazed at everything you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about getting sick when you had so much to do.
    Clones are great. Only way I can visit so many on IWSG day. Want to borrow my clone machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd love a clone! I also feel you on the downsides of event busy-ness. It's been a rough spring and add to it that the weather at all my events has sucked! It has literally rained at every one. I'm SO over it! I have another event this Saturday so fingers crossed for good weather finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've often wished for a clone, Jean! It hasn't happened yet ~ lol! I hope that you're feeling much better. Wishing you lots of creative success in June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, well, we did joke in the past that Alex had clones, so he could consult on this and get us clones!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.