Sunday, May 15, 2016

So Many Projects

With the frenzy of April behind me, I've had time to get all three novel drafts for the The Narvan sent off to my publisher and do a fairly major overhaul of Sipper, a long sci-fi short story. Today's plan is to get that off into submissions. But then that leaves at a crossroads of far too many choices.

Sahmara, a fantasy novel, is on the radar for self publishing - which means I'll need to devote time to editing and formatting and cover art. It's had time to rest after a heavy round of critiques and edits so my eyes will be fresh again, however...

Interface has been haunting me through my daughter's disapproving looks every time I mention that I'm working on something other than the YA sci-fi that I dove into last November and then set aside on in favor of writing Bound in Blue (The Narvan: Book 3). Oops. Sorry.

I'd love to get back to Not Another Bard's Tale, which I left hanging without a middle in 2009. Working on a silly fantasy novel would be a good pick me up for this very random spring we're having. It's the middle of may and it's currently in the low 40s. It actually snowed nearby last night. In May. The weekend before it was nicely in the 70s. Michigan weather is known for being random, but this is a little too over the top.

And then there are a host of short stories that need work. My submission pile is dry and needs refilling.

So many projects... Which to work on while I await the first round of edits on Trust?

12 comments:

  1. Yikes. My list of projects is not nearly as long. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. And it just seems to keep growing. The more I finish, the more I get piled on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good kind of overwhelming, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Talk about spoiled for choice :) And congrats on getting a publisher - three books at once? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean - where your heart leads you and perhaps which might be the quickest and easiest to finish .. good luck -cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently it's leading me to short stories. I sort of miss my submission juggling routine.

      Delete
  5. It's great that you have so many choices! I'm working on a short story now and enjoying the shortness of it. :)

    Yvonne V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for finishing things and picking the new thing to focus on! Anything on that list sounds like it is worth your time, so I'd choose the one that sings loudest to your heart right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on sending the draft to your publisher! And awesome on choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congrats on the publisher submissions. I always think too many ideas is a nice problem - sounds like you'll be busy for a while. You just have to go for the one that's pulling you the most.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.