Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You know you've been bit hard by the writing bug when...

It's saturday night and you're out with your husband at a packed brewery. It's filled with the sound of two hundred people talking at once. Your husband telling you how, when he comes here after work now and then, he sees crazy people taking up an entire table with their laptop and a beer while he and his friends can't find a spot to sit. And all the while you're thinking how much you'd like to be that crazy person because the chatter is a perfect white noise level and a draft beer while writing sounds wonderful. Hell, I'd even offer his friends my extra chairs as long as they'd sit somewhere else.

7 comments:

  1. Yep, I know exactly what you mean. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wife just got me a laptop for my birthday in March. So far, I've only used it at home. But she's driving down to Oklahoma to visit her mother on mother's day, and I HAVE to take the laptop out for a test drive while she's gone. I can't decide whether to make it a cafe in the morning with coffee, or a salty bar at night with beer. Whichever I end up doing, it will be a holy experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mysti - glad I'm not the only one. :)

    @Fred - Laptops love to travel. Mine seems to go everywhere I might even try to write, though more often than not, I just end up carrying it around because someone always ends up yaking at me.

    Which time of day do you write more? I'd pick that one. I've done the cafe route, but now I'm itching to do a beer and writing session.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't braved the laptop experience (yet), but I have sat in a crowded pub with pint and notebook outlining a novel. That was close to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think cafes are more laptop friendly, but if you can manage at the brewery, more power to you.

    Have one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is my DREAM. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I can so relate. You are not alone, Jean!!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. It gets lonely in here without you.